Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Hot Dog Stand In The Himalays - Review


A Hot Dog Stand in the Himalayas is a very quick read. Well written, it is from the view of a child who tells about her wonderful and memorable relationship with her grandmother. It's a group of small quips and memories, moments caught in time as if they are mental snapshots.

Written with style and ease, the author truly makes you feel as if you are there. It had me longing for the days I had spent with my own grandmother and wishing I had written down such vivid moments that may have seemed "normal and everyday" to most but so special in hindsight.

You will smile at the ideas, chuckle at the childlike love and actions, and enjoy every moment that you are allowed to spend inside the mind of a child.

As I read I couldn't help but wonder "Why the title?" but as seemingly fit it all came together in the fashion you would expect of the entire story as it's told.

I guarantee you will walk away from this quick read, glad that you were given these few moments in the life of a family and yearning for the memories of your own childhood that made someone in your life that "very special person." Wonderfully written and definitely the bright beginning of an author that I hope to see more of as time goes on. Truly enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment